Last week NSAR hosted a workshop at the RIA Innovation Conference 2021 focusing on the Digitally Enabled Workforce. The session covered numerous topics such as:
- What does ‘digital’ actually mean and what is the global picture?
- How a digitally talented workforce is an integral part of the wider Rail Technical Strategy
- What are the challenges and opportunities of the digital landscape?
- Deployment of digital technologies requires thought for the people expected to use and implement the new systems
- The future offers further opportunities for continuous training, a digital skills audit including digital literacy and to challenge the reluctance of those to use the new technologies
Other notable contributors including Network Rail R&D, Transport for London (TFL) and UKRRIN ran parallel sessions. The event fostered a range of new ideas, connections, and business opportunities which will be vital in the future of rail.