DfE have now published guidance on T-Level industry placements including:
- A minimum placement of 45 days equating to 20% of the course (80% taught in school or colleges)
- A list of employer responsibilities such as:
- to provide a safe working environment and a line manager
- to undergo DBS checks where students are 16 and 17
- the need to provide formal feedback on the student’s progress against the agreed learning objectives
Employers need to get involved as this is one of the main challenges in getting T-Levels off the ground.
For more information click here.