A round-up of our activity and achievements in July.
- The Workforce Analytics team created an interactive dashboard for Network Rail Southern displaying information about their Wessex Route signalling workforce. The team are continuing support for Network Rail Southern with strategic workforce planning, in initial stages currently.
- Michelle Russell, NSAR Head of Workforce Analytics, visited Georgia in June to start work with Georgian Railways and the Asian Development Bank on workforce skills analysis as Georgia goes through an infrastructure modernisation programme. A workforce analysis report is being finalised.
- Michelle Russell was on a panel in July at a Port Safety & Skills (PSS) conference, discussing sector collaboration about future skills requirements.
- The team has been working with the Department for Transport on mapping transport sector-wide capabilities and looking at different maturity models for delivering planned upgrades and projects. They have also been working with the Great British Railways Transition Team and Network Rail on the development of future skills needs.
- The QA team held another provider meeting in July. These meetings are a chance to update training providers on any changes to standards, training materials or rule books. July’s meeting was a heads-up of the upcoming 109 simplification (COSS/IWA/SSOWPS) and COSS initial changes for this update. A follow-up meeting will be held to go through what the changes mean in practice – providers will be contacted.
- The RTAS delivery assurance team has been consulting with RTAS training providers on the Quality Assurance Framework v4. They want to find out what providers thought about the areas covered by the Quality Assurance Framework, how it is implemented and how the service could be improved. There have been two well-attended online events and two face-to-face events in Newcastle and Manchester. There is still time to take part and we want to hear from as many RTAS providers as possible. You are welcome to attend the final face-to-face event in London at the Tunnelling and Underground Construction Academy (TUCA) on Wednesday, 30th August 1400-1600. Please contact us for more information.