NSAR National Network
A new way to attract students: partnership with the UK rail industry for Further Education colleges
The rail industry represents 1% of UK’s GDP, generating £16bn every year. It currently includes 2000+ firms that employ over 230,000 people. In the next 10 years the rail sector will benefit from £100 billion investment creating opportunities for new skills and new jobs.
NSAR is creating a virtual national network of training providers to satisfy employers and the rail industry demand for an integrated education, professional development and training supply chain.
As an FE College, you want your students to succeed and progress to a worthwhile and rewarding career. A strategic link with the UK rail industry will provide an incentive for students to come to your College to study and in return the rail industry has access to that talent pool.
UK rail sector also includes: Leadership & Management, IT, Customer Service, Finance and much more. The absence of an engineering department will not preclude an FE College becoming a select partner.
The virtual network comprises:
- Selected partner FE Colleges
- Selected partner Universities
- Network Rail Workforce
- Development Centres (WDC)
- Specialist academies eg.
- National Training Academy Rail
- NSAR Quality Assured training providers
What are we looking for from partner Colleges?
- A strong belief, active advocacy and promotion of rail careers to College students and through outreach work
- Ofsted Grade Good or Outstanding
- All sub-contracted rail related training to be undertaken solely with NSAR quality assured training providers
- NSAR membership
- Developing links with rail related companies
- Links with partner universities
NSAR will provide:
- Promotion of the national network to the UK rail industry
- Up to date Skills Intelligence (roles, employment trends in rail, opportunities e.g. update on driver training)
- Brokerage service matching rail apprenticeship jobs to applicants
- Advice on promoting the rail industry
- Careers map into the rail industry – helping students make a sustainable career choice
- Links with Network Rail WDCs and specialist academies (e.g.. National Training Academy for Rail and North West Transport Training Academy)
- Recommendation of partner FE Colleges to sector companies for rail apprenticeship delivery
The network is not bound by a formal memorandum. It presents a national map of providers who actively support the rail industry and provide rail related education.
If you are interested in becoming one of our partner FE Colleges or would like further information, please contact: Nigel Eagers at firstname.lastname@example.org