National Training Partnership
NSAR launches National Training Partnership to support world-class career opportunities in rail
The National Skills Academy for Rail (NSAR) announced the launch of the National Training Partnership, a new skills initiative to help solve the growing demand for new talent across the rail sector. The National Training Partnership will bring together NSAR’s newly formed National Network of Colleges and Training Providers, the Training Alliance and Quality Assurance provision and will support the UK rail industry in achieving an integrated approach to education, professional development and training.
By developing a National Network of College and training providers, we now have a supply chain to balance demand and supply.
Advantages for UK Rail Employers to engage with Partner FE Colleges in the National Training Partnership:
As an FE College or training provider, you want your students to succeed and progress to a worthwhile and rewarding career. A strategic link with the UK rail industry will provide an incentive for students to come to your College to study and in return, the rail industry has access to that talent pool. UK rail sector also includes: Leadership & Management, IT, Customer Service, Finance and much more. The absence of an engineering department will not preclude an FE College or training provider becoming a select partner.
Advantages for FE Colleges to engage with the UK rail industry:
To find out more please click here
If you are interested in becoming one of our partner FE Colleges/ training providers or would like further information, please contact: Thanuja Kandasamy at: email@example.com
- Selected partner FE Colleges & training providers
- Selected partner Universities
- Network Rail Workforce
- Development Centres (WDC)
- Specialist academies eg.
- National Training Academy Rail
- NSAR Quality Assured training providers
- A strong belief, active advocacy and promotion of rail careers to College students and through outreach work
- Ofsted Grade Good or Outstanding
- All sub-contracted rail related training to be undertaken solely with NSAR quality assured training providers
- NSAR membership
- Developing links with rail-related companies
- Links with partner universities
- Promotion of the national network to the UK rail industry
- Up to date Skills Intelligence (roles, employment trends in rail, opportunities e.g. update on driver training)
- Brokerage service matching rail apprenticeship jobs to applicants
- Advice on promoting the rail industry
- Careers map into the rail industry – helping students make a sustainable career choice
- Links with Network Rail WDCs and specialist academies (e.g.. National Training Academy for Rail and North West Transport Training Academy)
- Recommendation of partner FE Colleges to sector companies for rail apprenticeship delivery
The network is not bound by a formal memorandum. It presents a national map of providers who actively support the rail industry and provide rail related education.
NSAR Training Map