Less than a week left until NSAR hosts the online webinar entitled “Preparing the workforce for a digital future“ webinar taking place on Wednesday 28th April at 1:00pm – 2:30pm.
The webinar will focus on the digital transformation of the workforce and its applications to productivity and sustainability. In addition, a paper on Why rail needs to embrace digital technology will be published with key insights including:
- The pandemic is accelerating the need for productivity in the rail sector
- The introduction of digital technology to support productivity gains will affect the skills needed in the workforce
- Many roles will be affected and some will disappear from the industry
- Those in the maintenance and corporate services areas will be most affected
- Savings of nearly £700m per annum to the industry are achievable.