Congrats to the WorldSkills Diversity and Inclusion Heroes award winners 2021. The awards honour, celebrate, and shine a light on individuals and organisations who are going above and beyond, championing diversity and inclusion within their organisations and the wider technical education sector.
Hosted in partnership with Coca-Cola European Partners, the awards were open to all students, apprentices, employees and organisations within the technical education sector, and were an opportunity to recognise outstanding commitment to promoting and supporting diverse and inclusive practices and celebrate those making a real difference.
The full list of winners are below:
- Award Winners Programme or campaign of the year (small to medium employer) – Kids Planet Day Nurseries
- Programme or campaign of the year (large employer) – Siemens
- Network of the year (small to medium employer) – Acorn Training Ltd
- Network of the year (large employer) – South Eastern Regional College
- Role model award – Gareth Fallows, managing director, Acorn Training Ltd
- Rising star award – Haider Ali, management accountancy apprentice, Rolls Royce PLC
- Competition diversity champion award – Richard Hutchins, skills competitions manager,