The Prime Minister has published a Ten-Point Plan for a Green Industrial Revolution. The plan sets out the approach government will take to build back better in the wake of coronavirus, support green jobs, accelerate the path to net zero, and make the UK a global leader in green technologies.
Key areas covered in the plan include:
- advancing offshore wind
- driving the growth of low carbon hydrogen
- delivering new and advanced nuclear power
- accelerating the shift to zero emission vehicles
- green public transport, cycling and walking
- ‘jet zero’ and green ships
- greener buildings
- investing in carbon capture, usage and storage
- protecting our natural environment
- green finance and innovation
The ten-point plan will mobilise £12 billion of government investment, and potentially 3 times as much from the private sector, to create and support up to 250,000 green jobs.