Last week NSAR Chief Executive, Neil Robertson chaired the Skills Panel at the Rail Forum Midlands Annual Conference. The event took place at the Toyota Suite, Pride Park, Derby and focused on such digital rail, the need for collaboration as well as the impact of Brexit.
NTAR’s Simon Rennie and Clair Mowbray from NCHSR joined The Skills Panel and discussed how we will meet technical requirements in future, and how we are already attracting more students into rail, at a time when numbers are dropping in other sectors.
Key industry figures were in attendance including:
- Andy McDonald MP – Shadow Secretary of State for Transport
- Richard Harrington MP – BEIS Minister with responsibility for the rail supply chain and Industrial Strategy
- Sir Terry Morgan CBE – Chair, HS2 and Crossrail
- Mary Grant – CEO, Porterbrook
- Maggie Simpson – CEO, Rail Freight Group
- Anna Delvecchio, Rail Sector Deal Co-Lead
- Nick Mallinson – Warwick Manufacturing Group
- Alan Fravolini – Bombardier Transportation
The event concluded with Dinner at the Roundhouse.